Quick battery drainage Samsung NX 11

Started May 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Greynerd
Senior MemberPosts: 2,996Gear list
Like?
Re: Quick battery drainage Samsung NX 11
In reply to viking79, May 22, 2012

How accurate is the NX11 charge indicator? The batteries may not be fully charging and it is a charger fault. Charge indicators on many cameras are pretty unreliable in my experience. If you have tried all permutations it sounds like a camera fault.

viking79 wrote:

Selmik wrote:

From day one I am experiencing problem with quick battery drainage with my Samsung NX 11, original battery BP-1310 and 2 backups purchased on Amazon Wasabi Power BTR-BP1310-JWP. When inserted in camera they are good approximately for 100-150 photographs, when not - in 2 days they are completely depleted. Is this something with Samsung camera settings or these are faulty batteries (but all 3 at once) ?
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

Although I have seen 3 bad batteries before, I think it would be unlikely. It sounds more like the camera is sucking power when it is off? My camera can sit for a long time and hold a charge.

So let me get this straight. If you shoot with the batteries in one session, they are good for maybe one or two hundred shots, but if you take say 5 shots and let it sit for 2 days the batteries are dead? Make sure you turn it off and disconnect any accessories (besides lenses) and see if that makes a difference. Could even try taking the lens off and putting a body cap on, but probably won't matter.

Also, charge all 3 batteries and put one in the camera and leave another out, the one in the camera is dead after 3 days, but the one out of the camera should still be nearly fully charged. If it were the batteries they would drain outside too.

It sounds like something that needs to be serviced though. How long have you had the camera?

Eric
--
I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)

See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

Greynerd's gear list:Greynerd's gear list
Olympus TG-310 Samsung EX2F Pentax X-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 Olympus Stylus XZ-10 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow