Started May 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
winter1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,667Gear list
Like?
Amazon UK and the D800 fiasco
May 22, 2012

I know like me there are a few of you out there that ordered your D800 during the £2099 deal (16th March / 20th March). Most of us now have a date of mid June to mid July for delivery, basically another 6 weeks!

Anyone got a different date or received a D800 recently from Amazon UK?

A few weeks ago we were all complaining that we didnt have a date. Then they cancelled ALL the preorders. Then they reinstated all the preorders and confirmed the £2099 price. However whats stopping them from putting the date back further?

I have been a loyal customer of Amazons for many years. I like their service and on this occasion they really do have a good price (£2099) but I am still not convinced all will end well!!

Lets hope we are not going to receive all the returns as we are only paying £2099!? (spoken with a smile on my face but you never know?)

Guess we can only wait but I am getting fed up that's for sure

Anyone else got any news or heard anything from Amazon UK / Nikon?

Cheers, Mark (winter1)

winter1's gear list:winter1's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon D800 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow