HS30 bird shots - Getting there...

Started May 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
jcmarfilph
Senior MemberPosts: 7,592Gear list
Like?
Re: Shutter Speed
In reply to Danielepaolo, May 22, 2012

Danielepaolo wrote:

I had a look at your images again and I think it is your shutter speed that is the problem and why I think you have lost some detail.

In the second post (first with images) the third pigeon is shot at ISO100, F5.6 and 10/300s. It was needed to be shot with a shutter speed of at least 5 times that if not 10. Therefore you should have shot at ISO400 (probably ISO800) to boost your shutter speed. I feel your chosen exposure traded detail for blur due to shutter speed, at some point though you trade detail for noise when raising ISO - so what will it be, blur or noise? I say go for noise if you can't find the happy medium - i.e. in good light.

-- hide signature --

Apologies if my lack of photographic knowledge is catching.

I did (see the 1st image), I could have taken the 3rd one with faster shutter and ISO if I want to. I just want to show how it will resolve detail at that setting (although it was too low) since that dove is very cooperative.

The Robin shot came out good even at low shutter and ISO-400. Actually I am not afraid of using high ISO in HS30 coz I do have couple of squirrel shots at ISO-1600 which I think are better than the ones I have posted using SX40.

Stay tuned.

-=[ Joms ]=-

jcmarfilph's gear list:jcmarfilph's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow