OMD really match NEX APS-C sensor with 40% smaller size? Anyone have both?

Started May 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jefftan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,112
Like?
Re: OMD really match NEX APS-C sensor with 40% smaller size? Anyone have both?
In reply to nzmacro, May 22, 2012

Hi, namacro, what you said is the key. Just for cropping the best mirrorless title go to NEX 7
The real interesting feature of OMD is weather sealing

Will we ever see a weather seal NEX or just dreaming?

If a sensor 40% smaller can be roughly equal to NEX-5N sensor, how much better can it be if the same advancement is getting into APS-C

Just thinking about that is exciting

nzmacro wrote:

Jefftan wrote:

Giant steps have always been around the corner Jeff. Never seen newer cameras go backward. They can all progress for sure. With the OMD which is excellent IMO, I would guess it can't crop near as much as the NEX-7. So for most thats not important, but for some of us, it is. So that would tell me something about the sensor and IQ.

I shoot with m4/3 (Panny G2) and one thing has changed the way I shoot. Focus peaking for MF lenses with the NEX. No focus peaking, no camera sale here :). Personally IBIS and OIS don't interest me, only IQ.

Besides which, I would wait and see exactly what a Panasonic GH3 might offer. If the OMD IQ is that good with that sensor, a GH3 with a newer sensor could be very interesting Jeff.

The future is good mate and it always will be. I have no issue with DR with both m4/3 or NEX to be honest. Mind you, I don't shoot high ISO either.

All the best Jeff and its good for all of us.

Danny.
Birds and macro. NEX and m4/3

http://www.birdsinaction.com

Worry about the image that comes out of the box, rather than the box itself.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow