Pentax K30 - did I make a mistake buying a K5?

Started May 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
MaxIso
Contributing MemberPosts: 621
Like?
Re: Pentax K30 - did I make a mistake buying a K5?
In reply to ET2, May 22, 2012

ET2 wrote:

Aside from PDAF in video, there are many other benefits to SLT. EVF camera that has same AF performance as DSLR, continuous AF in burst mode, electronic first shutter curtain while maintaining PDAF AF, and no mirror and shutter related blur ... All that definitely comes at the the 1/2 stop of extra noise, but whether it's worth it depends on the individual. You obviously are overtly obsessed with ISO 6400. Others never shoot anything above base ISO, and use flash and better lightning ... A77 at ISO 100-800 blows all lower MP APSC cameras ..

i wouldnt go spouting about the CAF either, the a77 doesnt even manage to trump the D7K ($500 cheaper with kits) in action burst shooting. this is also despite shooting twice as fast as the nikon, 12fps vs 6fps. as u can see in the clip, at the 5 minute mark, the sony is showing inaccurate and inconsistent CAF and metering. i would expect much much more for a $2k camera. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5bXkRx2Jc0

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow