Flat view
painterdude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,785Gear list
Like?
an old burr under my saddle ..
May 22, 2012

that I never really get an answer to ..
What is it . Let me 'splain..

I was on another forum where a guy had posed a bunch of what I would call crappy shots from an expensive rig.. He thought they were good ..but was inviting criticism from those that knew "more" so he could "improve".

That is a crazy making deal to my brain. It really is . How can anyone who posts crappy stuff "get better " at shooting ...(beyond the pedestrian tech nuances needed to get lighting color etc. right)

If garbage shooters are given an outine of composition rules to follow that would

"make the shots look better" then that's like learning to paint by numbers. The shooter can get an image that is acceptable to look at ..but its ..by the book, or if you will, by the numbers ..mechanical. That being the case the latent tendancy of the person to shoot " crappy stuff " will always be there in the wings and totally unrecognizable for what it is (garbage) other than it doesn't follow some set of rules.

It seems to me in the end photographs are what WE want to take. Who cares if painterdude or anyone else thinks they are crappy or not. If it is ME ..If it is what I wanted to shoot in MY way, even all else find it boring ...it is my vision and it is authentic..and is that not what photography is all about??

http://skylightvistas.weebly.com/index.html

painterdude's gear list:painterdude's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Nikon D90 Nikon D800E
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
KimNew
KimNew
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow