Started May 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
WaltKnapp
Forum ProPosts: 13,573
Like?
Re: Eclipse from Tacoma, WA
In reply to Ray Maines, May 22, 2012

Ray Maines wrote:

WaltKnapp wrote:

Years ago there was a total eclipse in the NW, my only chance to see one. I drove half way across Washington state to photograph it. Beautiful day, out on a brushy hillside I was shooting along waiting for totality. A few minutes before totality a tiny cloud formed and covered just the sun and the corona. Totality occurred and went and then the tiny cloud went away. The gods of photography did not like me or all the others scattered in a square mile or so across the hillside. There was a collective moan went up from the hillside. It was still a experience, just without the climax.

So any "totality" you get is a plus.

That's a funny story. My efforts to photograph the Super Moon, and the Lunar Eclipse ended about the same way. That's why super good pictures are so valuable I guess.

I had a couple friends who had chosen a spot only about 5 miles away. Their slides were excellent!

Yep you only get a very limited window, in my case totality was about 10 minutes.

Like your shot, I've had lunar ones like that at times.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow