Flat view
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,434Gear list
Like?
NX20 Usage Impressions
May 22, 2012

Got my NX20 today, here are my first impressions:

Viewfinder:

Huge improvement over NX11. High resolution (better than rear LCD) and pixels very visible. Works much better with glasses even in bright sunlight. Works with everything except the Wi-Fi screen, which is a bit annoying. Contrast/details seem fine, even in shadows (i.e. not worse than the rear display).

Rear Display:

Strap tangles with Display when you try to fold it out. Hold strap up over hump or forward for clearance. I love that it articulates and folds backwards for viewfinder only shooting. Nice quality, very thin. Hardly adds any thickness to camera. Display mirrors to quickly when you flip it out. Even a few degrees open and it mirrors (this is a tad annoying if you are shooting with the camera in front of you to the side with the display open 30 degrees or so).

File I/O Performance:
Same as NX200.

Edit:

Ooops, not done yet, hit post too early, more in additional posts

-- hide signature --

I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)

See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Samsung NX11 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow