Started May 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Moonman52
Senior MemberPosts: 1,195Gear list
Like?
Just cancelled silver body OM-D EM-5 order with B&H
May 22, 2012

All of you waiting in line for the OM-D silver body only from B&H just got a step closer, I just cancelled my order which was placed the very first day (within the first few hours) the camera was announced.

I got tired of waiting around and slowly lost interest while others received their cameras from other sources some who never even preordered . B&H never kept me informed what was going on and I felt like they had totally abandoned me.

Technically I didn't really need this camera I just wanted it. I already have several other very good micro four thirds cameras such as the EP-2 , E-PM1 and E-PL1 that will keep me busy for a long time all capable of giving superb results.

I have decided to put the money toward lenses instead perhaps starting with the new 12-35 f/2.8 or Oly 75mm 1.8 and no I'm not going to preorder it from B&H.

It was a hard decision to cancel especially after waiting for so long but I think in the long term I'll come out ahead on this since there will eventially be an even better Olympus body coming out after the EM-5 perhaps not even in the OM series but a good lens unlike a camera body holds its value.

Good luck to all of you still holding out for the silver body OM-D but for now I've moved on in another direction.

Moonman52's gear list:Moonman52's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Nikon D90 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D5300
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OkayNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow