Best camera for close-up clarity.

Started May 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Chato
Forum ProPosts: 42,785Gear list
Like?
Re: Focus peaking has nothing to do with that image
In reply to JoeDaBassPlayer, May 22, 2012

JoeDaBassPlayer wrote:

The amount of fear and loathing is absolutely astounding.

I have stuff with very interesting DOF work. Again, the focus peaking, IBIS and live view really do help.

This one is interesting because the DOF is incredibly thin and was done hand held. Focus Peaking indicates when the full coin is in focus. It is possible to do this without FP but it really helps. What would be better is if I no longer shot manual lenses like this, then I could program the green button for DOF preview. ATM - it is for metering with manual lenses.

These features and others make it a heck of a lot easier to do these things. One can do it with other cameras but it is not as easy. Face it. It does work better. I know. I have the traditional DSLR and a Focus Peaker.

No offense, but I haven't "missed" the focus of a macro shot in twenty years.

In my opinion ALL of these interchagable lens cameras are over kill. Not just the Pentax. If you re-read the OP, he's not interested in "photography." He just wants close-ups of his wood carvings. He much better off with a high quality P&S with manual controls.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow