Oly 45 1.8 with Pana GTC1 converter... works !!!

Started May 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
micksh6
Senior MemberPosts: 2,310Gear list
Like?
Re: made a few bad shots
In reply to MT, May 22, 2012

I wanted to properly test sharpness of this converter (just out of curiosity) but I can't even do that. I have a setup with resolution chart but it requires 90mm lens to focus at about 8 feet. I would expect 2x teleconverter to double minimal focus distance but this converter makes it ridiculously long - 12-15 feet maybe. I haven't had such problem with TCON-17 converter.

So, I just shot a fence. First shot with Oly at F1.8 aperture and DMW-GTC1 converter, second shot is with Oly 40-150mm zoom at 89mm wide open. See shutter speed, the 40-150mm zoom is about as fast, within 1/6 stop exposure granularity, and histograms are similar, so the converter makes Oly 45mm about 90mm F4.9 lens, and it kills contrast.

And trust me, bokeh is horrible too. Worst of all 90mm lenses at F5.0 that I've ever seen. I can't spend more time with this converter, it will go back.

micksh6's gear list:micksh6's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow