K30.. the end of k5

Started May 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
robbo d
Contributing MemberPosts: 785Gear list
Like?
Re: K30.. the end of k5
In reply to spidermoon, May 22, 2012

Its inevitable in the technology world that a lower level product will almost match the specs of the model up and introduce a couple of new bits of technology.

If you have a Kr or Kx (like me), your pretty much spoiled for choice in the pentax line up right now and certainly at those prices. Either way you step up a grade to the K5 or K30, fairly similar in what they are capable of in terms of image quality.

I wonder if now they may sell a few more K5's.........in the short term while they run out their stock. Regardless, the K5 has to be one of the all time classic DSLR's and with IQ pretty hard to beat for some time to come yet.

I still need to prioritise and get better glass for my Kx first, which is still capable of some excellent images, before I go crazy and get the latest body.

However the K30 looks like its taking the fight to the opposition. Stunning looking from the front, not so sure about that lip on the top......

robbo d's gear list:robbo d's gear list
Pentax K-x Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow