Started May 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Christian Wagner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,546
Like?
Focus issue skeptic now a believer
May 22, 2012

I was the biggest skeptic of the focus issue. I assumed there were some issues with some cameras but I figured the hysteria added to a lot of mistesting. But here I am, with a now 5 day old D800, and after focusing on a cereal box with my 85 1.4, wide open, hand held, going from left to right to center to lv, it is CLEAR that the left side focus does NOT work. I did the same test 4 times assuming maybe I just moved but each time, the other focus points were just fine and the left was always CLEARLY out of focus. I also shot this in manual with manual iso just to ensure that it wasn't camera shake or something.

I know some of you will ridicule my testing, and I'm sure many of you have cameras that work so you can't imagine there are bodies that don't, but this really is clear as day.

With that said, I really do love the camera, a huge step up from the original 5d I had. Sad to see it go back awaiting a replacement as I have my first child due literally any day now and there is no eta on a replacement, not sure I even want one. I guess I will be using the wifes rebel for the birth along with the cheapo kit lens.

-- hide signature --

Chris

Canon EOS 5D Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow