NX20 Initial Use Impressions Part 1 - General Comments

Started May 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
thethirdcoast
Regular MemberPosts: 181Gear list
Like?
Re: Any use for WiFi yet?
In reply to HankK, May 22, 2012

Hank,

Thanks for the quick update on this. I'm sorry to hear your struggles with the NX20 WiFi, but I do find them very informative. I had hoped that Samsung would have enabled the NX20 to auto-detect the most common WiFi security protocols, but your experience makes it sound as though the process is much more finicky than that.

Thanks,

TTC

HankK wrote:
TTC,

I spend over an hour yesterday, trying to get the NX20 to connect to my home network so I could transfer files. I got all the software on the PC loaded correctly. But the problem came down to the detailed connection of the camera to the WiFi network. I tried a number of parameter and password and press the button connection attempts. The only thing I did not do was turn of all security on my router (it is in my office). I may try this next.

Sorry I have not tried the other WiFi capabilities yet.

Hank

thethirdcoast wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your detailed and thorough comments on the NX20. I was wondering if you've found any use for the WiFi yet. I know 2 Mp is not a lot, but it seems like it should be sufficient for displays at least as large as 1280x1024. Does the NX20 tie directly to a photo folder on sites like Facebook or Flickr, or does the user need to somehow specify a location with a URL or similar path to a network server?

Thanks again,

TTC

-- hide signature --

Hank K
Samsung NX200 Kit (former 5DM2, GH2 Kit, and Fujifilm X100 shooter)

thethirdcoast's gear list:thethirdcoast's gear list
Samsung TL500 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D5100 Sony SLT-A77 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow