NX20 Initial Use Impressions Part 1 - General Comments

Started May 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Regular MemberPosts: 181Gear list
Re: Any use for WiFi yet?
In reply to HankK, May 22, 2012

Thanks for the quick update on this. I'm sorry to hear your struggles with the NX20 WiFi, but I do find them very informative. I had hoped that Samsung would have enabled the NX20 to auto-detect the most common WiFi security protocols, but your experience makes it sound as though the process is much more finicky than that.

HankK wrote:

I spend over an hour yesterday, trying to get the NX20 to connect to my home network so I could transfer files. I got all the software on the PC loaded correctly. But the problem came down to the detailed connection of the camera to the WiFi network. I tried a number of parameter and password and press the button connection attempts. The only thing I did not do was turn of all security on my router (it is in my office). I may try this next.

Sorry I have not tried the other WiFi capabilities yet.

thethirdcoast wrote:

Thanks for your detailed and thorough comments on the NX20. I was wondering if you've found any use for the WiFi yet. I know 2 Mp is not a lot, but it seems like it should be sufficient for displays at least as large as 1280x1024. Does the NX20 tie directly to a photo folder on sites like Facebook or Flickr, or does the user need to somehow specify a location with a URL or similar path to a network server?

Thanks again,

-- hide signature --

Hank K
Samsung NX200 Kit (former 5DM2, GH2 Kit, and Fujifilm X100 shooter)

thethirdcoast's gear list:thethirdcoast's gear list
Samsung TL500 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D5100 Sony SLT-A77 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow