Import photos from sd card without a computer

Started May 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Drawn90
New MemberPosts: 18Gear list
Like?
Re: Import photos from sd card without a computer
In reply to Harry Sinniah, May 22, 2012

I used a Digital Foci 500GB portable hard drive for back-up storage every night on my Tanzanian safari last November. The tour operator said that the environment wasn't really "right" for a laptop - I didn't find that to be the case. I was more concerned about the weight of the PC & power supply, external drives, etc.(lugging it through airports, etc.). The Digital Foci unit will read 20-some-odd different data card types (including CF cards) directly via embedded readers and had the bonus of a 3" LED display, which let me pass that day's shots around the group every night at dinner.

My recommendation: Either spring for enough data cards to have a fresh one for each day's shooting (don't forget a means of marking each card with a unique label!), or purchase a portable storage unit. You will be thankful you did!

Drawn90's gear list:Drawn90's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow