D4---why?

Started May 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
chipmaster
Regular MemberPosts: 494Gear list
Like?
Re: D4---why?
In reply to Keith Diefendorff, May 22, 2012

You clearly don't understand the market segment the D4 is aimed at.

The original D3/D3s was aimed at the PJ/Sport shooter and boy were they homerun hits.

The D700 was an interesting product of which likely we'll never see again.

The Canon 5DKMII presented an interesting gap. Seems like they filled it, or more accurately crushed with the D800.

The D4 seems to be perfect for its intended market. The only question is there really a segment for a D4x ( D800 sensor in D4 body ) I highly doubt you'll find it do 10FPS, do the math on data bandwidth... Maybe if they wait two years and spin the expeed another generation than D4x and 6FPS, that would still be staggering data computational thruput.

Keith Diefendorff wrote:

So far, all of the photos I've seen from the D4 could have been taken with a D3s.

On the other hand, many of the photos I've seen from the D800 are stunning. Impossible on a D3s.

Reviews are overwhelming positive on D800 IQ. Some say the D800 has the best sensor available on ANY camera today.

So why, why on earth, wouldn't Nikon put its best sensor in its top-of-the-line body?

-- hide signature --

Keith

chipmaster's gear list:chipmaster's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow