ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pootle2
Junior MemberPosts: 42
Like?
Fuji X10 vs Panasonic GX1
May 22, 2012

Longtime lurker, first time poster...

I know the X10 and GX1 aren't exactly "apples to apples", but in my neck of the woods the GX1 body is now going for slightly less than the X10. For the size of camera I am currently looking for I narrowed it down to these two (GF12, P7100, LX5, GF3, and anything Olympus were all dismissed for various reasons).

I'm looking for the following:

1) Quick "shot to shot" time - I have a 2.5 yr old. I'm not referring to burst mode. I mean from focus to ready to shoot and from completed first shot to ready to shoot second shot. Basically the rugrat turns his head a lot.

2) Good low light performance. By that I mean ISO 800ish. I travel a lot with the kid so think inside an old European Cathedral.

I don't need an optical viewfinder nor zoom if it's less than 4X (I'll use my feet).

What does the GX1 offer that the X10 doesn't? Which would you recommend? With a lens the GX1 would cost me $125ish more - worth it?
David

Fujifilm X10 Nikon Coolpix P7100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow