GH2 v OM-D DR test

Started May 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Louis_Dobson
Forum ProPosts: 26,387
Like?
Re: No, no, no...
In reply to dezignman, May 21, 2012

I really think you are confused, and hence confusing others. One of us is! Once the file has been converted in LR4, then ACR is no longer relevant, and there is no problem of any sort.

The people who are having trouble are tinkering with the RAW in LR4 and then opening as a RAW again in PS, and then wondering why the LR4 edits aren't recognised.

I have a simple solution - don't do that !

dezignman wrote:

kenw wrote:

Parse what Louis is saying carefully. I believe he doesn't open the RAW file in PS at all. He creates a PSD file (essentially a TIFF) and then uses that in PS. No version problems, no need for ACR of any version. I think that's why you guys are disconnecting in this discussion. Other people are opening RAW files directly in PS using ACR6.7, and I think Louis is saying "why bother doing that, just convert in LR before opening in PS".

You need ACR to do conversions in LR or PS.

Louis is using LR4 to do his conversions, then exporting it to PS–we know that. When he is using LR, ACR version 7 is working to do the conversion. We're not talking about doing the conversions in PS (read the posts). We're talking about doing exactly what Louis is doing, but with problems. The main problem is that everything you adjusted in LR4 disappears when you see it in PS. Adobe created ACR 6.7 to be compatible with the LR4 engine when you are working with a PS version prior to CS6. But, apparently in many cases it doesn't work.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow