Hexanon(legacy) lenses Qs...

Started May 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Activatedfx
Contributing MemberPosts: 764
Like?
Re: Hexanon(legacy) lenses Qs...
In reply to Paul Auclair, May 21, 2012

I'm a fan of using the Hexanon's on MFT. I've owned quite a few, including my all time favorite 57mm f/1.2. (I've owned 2 of them, but sold both because I needed $)

I also had 2 different copies of the 40mm f/1.8, and NEITHER of them were what I would call "sharp". At least not wide open, but then what's the point of having an f/1.8 if you can't use it wide open?

After a few years of buying and selling and trading, I've only kept a 50mm f/1.4 and 135mm f/3.5. Both of them are the last/most recent versions (55mm filter and built in hood), and I got both on eBay brand new in their original boxes.

The 50mm f/1.4 is a beauty. It is very sharp wide open at 1.4. There is quite a bit of CA on bright edges, but that's easily corrected in PSD or LR. Look at my dpr gallery for some images and 100% crops.

The 135mm f/3.5 is fairly sharp at f/3.5 but not as sharp as the 50, and it doesn't have great bokeh (the 50/1.4 does!). I only keep it because it's a small, light "270mm" f/3.5 on the OM-D when I want a tele shot.

I will probably own a 57/1.2 again... almost bought a beauty this week on eBay, but bidding went too high.

Check out: http://www.buhla.de/Foto/Konica/eHexanonUebersicht.html

Detailed descriptions of every Hexanon lens with matter-of-fact opinions.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow