X100 or Leica X2?

Started May 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jim Radcliffe
Forum ProPosts: 11,145Gear list
Like?
Really?
In reply to Martin_Kay, May 21, 2012

Martin_Kay wrote:

I really don't know what all the fuss is about with these new Fuji cameras, just because they have some sort of retro look which in the day when film was used you wouldn't have given them a second glance.

Well, Martin.. the X-Pro1 beats my Canon 5D MKII in almost every respect.. dynamic range, high ISO performance, virtually no noise, even at 1600... can't say that about the Canon gear I owned... and that is not to mention the bulk and weight of the Canon gear (L glass). As for the retro look.. that had nothing to do with my decision to buy the X-Pro1.. it was all about the images it produces. I prefer the rangefinder form factor to that of a DSLR so that is the icing on the cake for me with the X-Pro1... and the JPGs out of the X-Pro1 are the best I have ever seen.

The problem seems to be that none of them seem production ready and for the price I think users deserve something that works. I understand what people want but currently it doesn't seem to be available even at extreme inflated prices (leica)

Well, Leica is no longer a camera company. If anyone feels the need to explain that, feel free to do so. Leica glass is great but their cameras.. not so much.

I'd love a camera that gave quality output especially in dim lighting and that you could easily carry around but currently it seems nothing is available- that works properly...

I took this yesterday in a very dimly lit showroom using the X-Pro1 1 and the 18mm lens... and I do mean dim...

and here is another I took in the past week.. the shed this locomotive resides in is very dark but you would never know it by this shot. I tried shooting this old locomotive with the 5D MKII about a year ago and the results were not even close to what the Fuji produced.. this was a handheld shot at ISO 1600 or possibly ISO 2000.

I can honestly say that I have never owned a camera that performs so well at high ISO settings as the Fuji X-Pro1.. and I have owned a lot of cameras.

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
Blog: http://boxedlight.com/blog

The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow