Started May 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KimTeo
Contributing MemberPosts: 855
Like?
P7100 Jpeg engine dissappoints
May 21, 2012

I am a jpeg shooter. Have been one, happily for 8-9 years now.

With my two month shooting with the P7100, I decided that I would get get excellent images with the Neutral colour setting. So I went on a European cruise with my P7100, instead of my usual Olympus C8080. I was caught with an unpleasant surprise when the sky is cloudy - something I did not come across previously. Grass became a ghastly neon green, and duller colours became almost mono-tone.

This one too. The grass is all smudged. Noise reduction is set at LOW, but I think it is applicable only for high ISO

This one again, but note the bright red. So it is not just green, but other colours too.

This one is just way out. And the tree trunks are black and white. And at Neutral colour setting?

This one with the red, and the fountain is practially black and white. I swear that I am not using the Selective Color Effect mode

This time, the blue strikes. Again it is practically black and white elsewhere

And here's a multicoloured one

And orange too, with a black and white ship. I have doubts that ships uses turquoise ropes

All taken on cloudy days.

I will probably move on to another compact. Pity, there isn't any camera that suits me as well as the P7100, except for the colours.

For those who think that the P7100 can replace their DSLR's, - well maybe not. I don't know whether RAW is any better. Will have to wait for a cloudy day.

Nikon Coolpix P7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow