fix that dang focus!!! get er done

Started May 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
mjl699
Regular MemberPosts: 309Gear list
Like?
Re: fix that dang focus!!! get er done
In reply to nicxyz, May 21, 2012

What you say does not match my experience of my XP1. Mine gets a good focus in most situations at OK speed. Compared with a GX1 it is slower, but more accurate!

I took a GX1+20mm and an XP1+35mm to a restaurant a few weeks ago and while the GX1 often achieved focus (beep!) closer examination of the pictures showed that accurate focus had not been achieved. Contrast that to the XP1 where it did miss focus more often and was more difficult to use and slower, but in the end I got more shots what were perfectly in focus and more keepers too. I have about 20 good images from the XP1 that day and just one from the GX1. I guess low light is a big part of that.

I am not slating the GX1 by the way. I own it and it's a great camera too. IQ is not as good as the XP1, but it's still very very good and the camera has many great features.
--
mjl599

mjl699's gear list:mjl699's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow