Started May 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ben Raven
Forum MemberPosts: 76Gear list
Like?
X2 -- Leica, Leica, Leica
May 21, 2012

I've been a respecter, user, and lover of (in that order) Leica ever since my Uncle gifted me with his old/virginal M3 w/50Lux at age 11 (yeah, I knew and know I was mucho lucky!)

While myself and my Leica glass patiently await the arrival of the M10 sometime later this century, I looked forward to the X2, hoping it would be a major 'Evolution' (we all know Leica doesn't do 'Revolution') in compact mirrorless from the inadequate, for me, X1 -- e.g. next-gen sensor, built-in EVF, or even x100-ish finder, finally decent rez LCD etc.

A smaller grab it backup and companion to the (now that I can finally afford it, if it measures up) coming M10.

Well, the X2 is here, and my one word summary so far has to be:
UNDERWHELMED !

LEICA, LEICA, LEICA . . .

Did someone find some dusty forgotten crates of ancient LCD panels in the back of an old warehouse they were demolishing, and put them on Ebay ??

And then you saw them up for bid and thought:

"Ach du lieber, perfect for the new $2000 dollar X2 -- oooo, 230K ! AND they're still only 2.7" !!!!
Quick, Fritz, call Sony and tell them to forget about the 921K articulated LCD,
we just need the 5N sensor !"

Well, at least some can now choose the privilege of paying thru the nose for the rebranded already "been there, done that" Olympus VF-2 EVF (or forego the giant "LEICA" on the front and just get the Olympus for a fraction of the price).

A "been around awhile already" decent EVF (a viewfinder is a necessity for me), it completely negates, for me, any size and ergonomic advantage of the X2.

So for now, I will continue to live healthy, and take care of myself, so that I might possibly live long enough to one day see an M10.

May we all live so long !

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica X1 Leica X2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow