D800 has NO general AF problem!, on the contrary...

Started May 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
tonganqn
Regular MemberPosts: 160
Like?
Re: D800 has NO general AF problem!, on the contrary...
In reply to stany buyle, May 21, 2012

I agree, I don't think that the problem is a general one that occurs in EVERY D800(E) camera BUT, IT DOES EXIST in some. And honestly and objectively speaking if I'm investing $3000+ on a camera AF issues of the kind people are reporting on the forums (some by people that have used Nikon equipment for a long time now) is,to me, unacceptable. I'm sorry but if the camera would cost $1 I could let it go but not in this case.

In my case I'm still waiting for mine to arrive and when it does I will test it in the store. If I find it has the same AF issues then I will return it and wait until things get better. I'm not willing to spend the time and money to fix a problem that should have been properly tested before launch. But hey, that's me. I'm very picky with any kind of hardware, specially when I invest a lot of money.

Also, what kind of bothers me a bit is that we haven't heard anything from Nikon at all on this issue. I'd be very happy to hear Nikon acknowledging the problems or saying that the problem only exists in the consumers' imagination. Either way is positive to me. But as it is now we don't even know whether Nikon is working on the issue. In my opinion this is not a good practice. But hey, again, it's maybe just me that demands too much from a company I'm a fan of and a company I have spent some good money buying products from (as an amateur).

Hope things get fixed sooner than latter.

G.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow