Started May 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nello
Contributing MemberPosts: 603
Like?
Kudos to Fujifilm from a Canon user & a question
May 21, 2012

Ok the other day I went to my local photography store on lunch break and I saw a Fujifilm X-Pro1 sitting there; I couldn't help starring at it while ignoring everything else and completely forgot I went there for Canon stuff LOL

I was just blown away by the retro looks even though i've seen pics of it and read the preview here, but in real life is even better! I asked the guy if I could play with it for a while and as soon as I hold it...maaaaan this thing feels SOLID and high quality

It had a 35mm f1.4 lens on it w aperture ring which brought back SOOOO many childhood memories of me playin w my dad's camera and the aperture ring

Gotta say that even if it was the 1st time handling 1, after literally seconds I felt home..the aperture ring and shutter speed dial makes everything sooooo easy.

The sales guy was kind enough to let me take a few shots outside and I had a blast! the AF was pretty good, although inside the store it hunted a bit when goin' from distant objects to really closer ones.

Gotta say that I have no idea what settings the camera had for the AF. I was already imagining myself walking the streets and take candid shotz w this set-up.

I was really really really tempted to buy 1 I swear, but then the thought of havin thousands of € in Canon gear stopped me! If I didn't need the fast tracking AF for wildlife and racing I would've dropped all my gear for this thing.

Now the QUESTION: could anyone point me to some good photo galleries / photographer website with the X-Pro1??

I'm thinkin' of tryin to convince my wife to get 1 since she likes taking photos but always uses the iPhone 4 and apps w filters & all

That way I can also get my handz on it while make it seem like i'm pushin' her to explore her talent LOL

-- hide signature --

Canon 40d + Tokina 12-24mm F4 Pro + Canon 50mm 1.8 + Sigma 50mm 2.8 Macro + Canon 100mm F2 USM + Canon EF 300 f4 USM IS L + 430 EX Flash + 580 II EX Flash + Kenko 1.4 Tc + RC5 remote

Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow