Started May 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
George Hsia
Senior MemberPosts: 1,780Gear list
Like?
E-M5 AF... thought so far?
May 21, 2012

Still getting used to the E-M5 but am finding that I am not as impressed with the E-M5 AF. My issues:

a) When shooting profile or 3/4 angle I find that the AF point is huge and doesn't always lock on the eyes. I wish there was a way to just pick the center of the square... The whole square could still be used to get in the ballpark but only get critical focus on the area that is in the smaller square.

b) Alternatively I would love to have eye-tracking just on my selected AF point, not the entire frame. That would be an interesting alternative.

BTW, I am a low light shooter and normally manual focus on my Canon with Zuiko. It's nice having AF again but I find it's still not as reliable as I'd like. This past Sat. I was trying in a cafe at ISO 400 1/50 f/2 so wasn't super dark. I consider ISO 1600, f/2, 1/30 where it starts to get dark.

-- hide signature --
 George Hsia's gear list:George Hsia's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +10 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow