What is your pocketable camera?

Started May 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
BigBarney
Senior MemberPosts: 2,722
Like?
The right tool for the job
In reply to Tony Tomlin, May 21, 2012

Tony Tomlin wrote:

This may not be the appropriate forum to ask about cameras other than 4/3 but I have come to feel comfortable with the "intelligence" drifting through these threads.

I have also, with help here, become quite comfortable with my E-PL2 but my second snap shooter, an old Canon SD700IS is a bit long in the tooth so I started to look at a replacement.

I toyed with the Olympus XZ-1 but was surpried by how large it is. I handled a Canon S100 and was quite impressed with the mini-size and I aslo looked at the Panny LX5. Then I wonderd if stretching dollarwise to an EPM-1 to use my three lenses and accaisionally the VF2 (I am assuming the panny 20mm would make it carryable), would make sense.
What other folks take along every day, or do you all you IPhones?

There are times when even a m43 camera is too large/heavy. For me this is best expressed when I am out cycling. I use two cameras when cycling:

• a Panasonic TZ7/ZS3 with a wrist strap.

• a Panasonic LX3 on its neckstrap round my neck.

The TZ7 has an integral front lens protector so it really can live in a pocket. As a large person with a 17.5" neck circumference I can carry the LX3 around my neck all day without even noticing it. In extremis I have been out cycling with the GF1 and 20mm hanging around my neck, but it is substantially larger and heavier.

My best advice to you is to look at what people are saying here and anywhere else you may have asked the question; take a look at how the cameras sit in your hands at a good photographic dealer; read the reviews here at dpreview and other review sites; make a decision and purchase that camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoneNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow