Started May 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jefenator
Senior MemberPosts: 1,355Gear list
Like?
Close-ups of glass.
May 21, 2012

These are all taken with the new NEX-7 over the last week. (Cherry-picked from 100s of listing shots for my ETSY store.) I wasn't sure how legacy glass would work out, compared to my EOS with its auto-focus image-stabilized zoom. Turns out I'm not missing those things at all!

This application - now 90% of my shooting - is what prompted me to go ahead and do mirrorless instead of a full-frame DSLR. The live-view focusing and quick handling seem to be really cutting down on those irritating OOF surprises.

At the moment, the best close-up lens I have is my old Nikon 35mm f/2. Who'd have thought? That certainly is not what I bought it for back in 1992 but it focuses nice and close and seems to be extremely sharp.

I welcome any critiques, hints & tips. (Glass is challenging so I can use all the help I can get!)

Jefenator's gear list:Jefenator's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EOS M Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow