Panasonic 12-35: The beginning of the new !

Started May 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Button Pusher
Contributing MemberPosts: 584Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic 12-35: The beginning of the new !
In reply to IrishhAndy, May 21, 2012

I'm a Panasonic m43 owner and I think the E-M5 is quite a good camera. Both Panasonic and Olympus have been creating some very nice primes and Olympus has more on the way. I don't understand the us vs them mentality that occasionally crops up here as lenses can be slapped only any m43 body from any m43 lens manufacturer. If there is a 'them', 'they' would be Nikon, Canon, Sony, Samsung, Pentax, Fuji, and the rest.

The 12-35 zoom is on my must buy list. But the so is the Oly 45 prime, and until today, the Olympus 12. The faster primes still have advantages over the relatively fast zooms. It is great to have Olympus creating more of them, their interesting 12-50 zoom, and not to see both companies mimicing each others primes and zooms. At one point I thought that the companies might only remember how to create 14-42/45 zooms and nothing else. They have thankfully appeared to have kicked that bad habit.

We could still do with a retooled 17 or 20 fast prime from either company and the 100-300 end could use some high end treatment. I'd welcome news of any of those lenses from Olympus or Panasonic (or Sigma if it were much faster than 2.8).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow