5D Mk III vs D800 Video Part 3

Started May 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
bronxbombers
Forum ProPosts: 18,226
Like?
Re: 5D Mk III vs D800 Video Part 3
In reply to Sharon999, May 21, 2012

Sharon999 wrote:

All of these videos have been real world tests. That's why we opened with the shoot with Chad. Afterwards, though I wanted to do some more traditional tests. The test you request, comparing a sharpened 5D MK III file to a native D800 file can be found at 9:46. This was shot with identical exposure, and lenses. I get the impression that you didn't view the second part of the video.

Not the case. My friend shoots low budget movies. Currently she is working on a project for Lifetime. Most of her shooting is talking heads, dialogue scenes and so on. This makes up the bulk of indie shooting where these cameras are likely to be employed. Shooting a wide angle with both cams should have been your last item. Such a shot is used for a quick establishing shot and either camera can do it. The way you conducted your test was very limiting and not very useful, unless my project is all wide angle establishing shots. You also conducted no color tests. I guess I'm pointing this out because I tested both cameras and I came to a much clearer conclusion.

Speak for yourself, not all video is close ups of people and talking heads!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow