front/back focus caused by lens, body or combination?

Started Feb 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
exifnotfound
Regular MemberPosts: 424Gear list
Like?
Re: front/back focus caused by lens, body or combination?
In reply to BV, May 21, 2012

I'm experiencing a similar situation myself with heavy front focusing on my second 24-70 copy for my D700.

Being the body or the lens is is definitely worth looking into but we're talking near $5000 worth of gear here and STILL we're asked to take it to a Nikon service centre for it to work?

Plus are they going to ask for even more money if the body is out of warranty, or is it free with only the lens being new?

FFS, gouging is one thing, gouging for poor or high fault tolerance is quite another.

Really disappointed in Nikon QC at the moment and seriously considering a Zeiss instead.

According to that lensrental Blog post Leica & Zeiss make their fault tolerances public whereas Nikon and Canon don't, jeez, I wonder why.

...and let's not forget that lensrentals makes their living from renting said lenses. I'm not saying that the article isn't true, It's just as likely that the bodies are to blame. I'm just saying keep in mind that even if the lenses were to blame, they'd try to defend them or shift the blame somewhat.

Body or lens or even both, the two are coming from the same company, Nikon. Canon I suspect are on par in this department.

End of AF issue frustration rant.

exifnotfound's gear list:exifnotfound's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow