Forum ProPosts: 10,530Gear list
Like?
Tom Re: Rumours of the FF mount ...
In reply to Tom Caldwell, May 21, 2012

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Joel Stern wrote:

??????

Well said,

Everyone has their own style of posting and Joel's is Joel's just as mch as mine is mine.

We have different ideas and I tend to use ten words when one is often enough. I tend to happily try and explain something I have just worked out as if no one else has ever thought of it. But I generally like to farm these ideas out rather than leave the rest of the Ricoh users who have not worked it out themself have the joy of doing so (or the simple bliss of not knowing).

Joel is more of a friend on the forum and therefore best understood as that.

Meanwhile posting images is always a vexed subject - in essence there are some who follow good images and others who like posting them. But is is more on whether you post to preen and are able to accept criticism gracefully, or post to educate in which case you need to understand that others might not be interested, or post to ask advice - there are usually helpful replies.

It is not a good forum for posting images as much as others might disagree. Post away but the forum is never more dead when all the posts are about images. Without posts of images the current forum threads would cease to exist.

I think that posting images is a valuable part of the Ricoh forum but only perhaps a rather small part. What it really is about is discussing new product and technique. No new insights found and no new product in the offing and the threads die away.

This thread seems to be the only one currently not dealing with someone's images (valuable as they are) right at the moment.

Meanwhile gentle criticism of Joel's post is fair comment and anyone daring to do this does not need to be attacked for it in any way. Or regarded as "a stranger".

Release the 40mm A16 prime module or a 40mm equivalent GRDIV and we are off with the racehorses again.

Methinks reliable news of a Ricoh FF A24 mount would choke dpreview's server. (joking)

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Thank you Tom

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow