Who Needs Custom Setting Prefs on D7000?

Started May 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
fotolopithecus
Senior MemberPosts: 1,699Gear list
Like?
Re: Who Needs Custom Setting Prefs on D7000?
In reply to bravozulu, May 21, 2012

Well, the bells & whistles crowd already have the "choice " you describe, but the folks who prefer a more basic high quality alternative don't have any "choice" but to buy cameras with far more features than they want. In any event, I doubt we'll be seeing very many dslrs still going strong after ten, or twenty years the way we did with film cameras without all the extra junk.

bravozulu wrote:

Considering all the points presented, I am leaning in the direction of more choice. And I think I overcame the insecurity behind posting this question at the start. A flood of awareness dropped on my when I threw away guidebooks and forum suggestions and instead picked up the Nikon D7000 User Guide. In about 5 hours, it all sunk in.

I'm not very spry because of age, so most of the action options, including monster telephotos, aren't for me. But I'm attracted to a few flavors I can interject regarding focus and exposure via U1 & U2 settings. And my newly discovered favorite is MY MENU.

Very exciting. I can see blazing speed in throwing in Auto ISO for preset shutter/aperture preferences. And some less frequently used parameters for CLS linked speedlights.

The last time I was this excited is when VW/Porche switched from 6 volt to 12 volt electrical. And that was 1966.

fotolopithecus's gear list:fotolopithecus's gear list
Nikon D610 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow