China censorship?

Started May 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mike Ronesia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,494Gear list
Like?
Re: China censorship?
In reply to jmgir, May 21, 2012

jmgir wrote:

Mike, are you sure that there is no Free Speech in The Netherlands? That the written Press is censored? Right there in Europe?

Mike Ronesia wrote:

I saw on the news yesterday that the Netherlands does not have a 1st amendment (right to free speech) so not every western country gives this right to it's people. I don't know which country you speak of but in the USA the laws are there to protect you. That doesn't mean corrupt people won't threaten harm, but that is human nature and no law will stop that.

If the host removed the photo because he was in fear of consequences then I understand. If it continues to be an issue he might need to reconsider his challenges.
--
It's easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission.

I am not sure. I saw somewone who claimed to be an elected politician that said they do not have the first amendment and he was put on trial for saying something that might have been seen as anti Muslim. My only point was for people not to assume what the laws in other countries are.
--
It's easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission.

Mike Ronesia's gear list:Mike Ronesia's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow