"Aputure" Trigmaster Plus vs. Cactus V5 vs Yongnuo

Started May 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
victorian squid
Senior MemberPosts: 1,952Gear list
Like?
I love the trigmasters
In reply to ComputerDork, May 21, 2012

and have had them for several months. They are well build, with a great feature set. Worth the extra price IMHO.

If there was one complaint it would be the configuration - you can't put one in the flash shoe of your camera and one on top (like Yongnuo). They're more like PW's in that regard. Then again, I've never had need to do that - I just like to complain!

The things come with every cable you could possibly want or need (for a Canon shooter) as I wasn't sure what model I would upgrade to.

The range is insane on the things. At first I though I'd never use it - but now I've found all kinds of things to do with them. I have had them at and over 100 yards (they're rated for 100M) and even stood on a hill with one behind a house.

One other complaint (as long as I'm trying to think one up) - is how snug they fit on the camera. It takes some "coaxing" to get off. I keep forgetting to try some dry graphite or something like that. I guess they had problems with the old design, and then changed to the clip layout. You might not have that issue - it's worse on my 60D than my 350D, and no problem at all on my light stand swivel.

Enjoy them, they're great!

BTW, the Trigmaster Plus 2.6 transceiver will trigger the 2.6 "receiver only" units if you want to use some just as receivers and save money.

victorian squid's gear list:victorian squid's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +27 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow