Started May 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michel F
Senior MemberPosts: 1,771
Like?
understanding the ML-L3 wireless remote
May 21, 2012

I've had a D300 for a few years and a wired remote , I purchased a D5100 about a year ago and tried the ML-L3 wireless remote with it. I was very disappointed by the fact that there doesn't seem to be a pre focus on that remote. Click the button and it snaps the picture ! The way I understand it, you have to pre focus before using the remote and then say you want to include yourself in the frame, pray that you are in the right focus area because the camera will not adjust focus with that remote. Am I missing something here ? In certain situations such as macro photography it would work fine but in other situations, a 2 position button like the wired remote of the D300 is a must to achieve proper focus.

Is there a way for the camera to refocus if I include myself in the frame with the ML-L3 and D5100 ? I know I can always manual focus on an area and then make sure I am in that exact area before using the remote but getting the camera to refocus by itself would be ideal.

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow