Why do we obsess in the first place ?

Started May 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Detail Man
Forum ProPosts: 14,837
Like?
Re: Why do we obsess in the first place ?
In reply to Jere Landis, May 20, 2012

Jere Landis wrote:

Thanks so much for stepping down to my level of comprehension. It's a breath of fresh air.

Jere ,

I am glad to hear that my recent thoughts expressed made some sense to you. There has never been (or is) any conscious effort on my part to write things that may not be understood. Those (likely) are technically-oriented things ? If "philosophical" things, that is something perhaps less amenable to a clarification process (as re-statements might perhaps also might not seem clear ... ).

I generally take pretty well to being asked to clarify specific statements - but am not able to revamp and abridge such technical writings (or necessarily, even "philosophical" writings) so that it comports with some particular (unknown to me) sets of ears and minds. This is not intended as any claim of some sort of "superiority" - it's simply the way that matters of communication via language operate. I prefer requests to specifically clarify over "blanket criticisms" of my writing style

Sincerely,

DM ...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow