switching systems - my findings / opinions

Started May 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
twoeggmedia
Junior MemberPosts: 29Gear list
Like?
Re: switching systems - my findings / opinions
In reply to mujana, May 20, 2012

mujana wrote:

"Olympus- The OM-D is a nice camera with IBIS and some good glass at the lengths I need. But, I'm not sure about clients reaction when I pull it out of the bag"

Well this made me laugh....It's difficult for me to understand, that clients judge your photographs by the size (?) of your camera (?). Is it really?? O I see..the "dinkyness"of the camera (I just read your NEX 7 comment).
Wouldn't they have different reactions once they see your pictures?

O well, I probably do not understand this at all, but you can always wait for an Olympus E7, if you want to look more professional (and have better acces to even SHG/HG zuiko lenses as well). Maybe even an E5 will do.

In your list the OM-D seems to have the least disadvantages for you (only your worries about the clients). I would say...go for it!
Good luck!

Despite my portfolio, I have had several situation where clients have reacted very negatively to my NEX-7, solely due to its appearance. Except on one occasion where the client backed out, I used my Sigma for "show" along with the NEX. Most of the photos they selected were taken with the NEX.

twoeggmedia's gear list:twoeggmedia's gear list
Sigma DP1s Pentax K-5 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow