D800 has NO general AF problem!, on the contrary...

Started May 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: D800 has NO general AF problem!, on the contrary...
In reply to Arretose, May 20, 2012

Arretose wrote:

I am happy that you have a properly working D800, but It is STUPID posts like this that keep uncovering the wound! No, not all D800's are affected with faulty left/right AF, but MANY people do, and they are coming to this forum to find answers

And do you or they really believe the answer can be found here? All you can do here is belly-ache and moan. No one here can help if you have a problem. Every answer will be disputed so many times that the poster will go away knowing less than when he/she started.

If someone just wants to come here and bash Nikon, it's legal. If they just want to blow off steam, that is legal as well - a little childish, but legal. The OP said it right. The correct thing is to contact Nikon service. If your approach is reasoned, rather than all the righteous indignation I see here, you will find them very courteous and professional.

They have a problem they are wrestling with right now. In the meantime, these cameras are still incredibly useful and enjoyable. You simply have to watch what you are doing. They will resolve this issue. They always have. You have to remember that we are the childish ones who just had to have it first. If we wanted "trouble free" we would have been smart enough to wait until all production issues were resolved.

No one can tell me that their business or lives would have suffered if they could not have one of these new cameras immediately. So the thing to do is shut up and work with Nikon. Some Canon people are in the same boat, and I would advise them the same. This is a new model of a very complex, very low volume product. If you have a problem, go to the people who can fix it, and you won't find them here.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow