25mm vs 20mm for all round single prime shooting.

Started May 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ulfie
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,151
Like?
I have THE answer!
In reply to berni29, May 20, 2012

I have THE answer to your conundrum! The 20/1.7 is a dog, a flea-ridden mangy dog, crap, no better than the bottom of a Coke bottle. Send it to me ASAP (contact via DPR's message service). I'll pay the shipping and send you a handmade Egyptian papyrus "Thank You!" card to boot. Just get rid of it--to me!--as quickly as you can before this conundrum ruins your marriage or relationship and life as a photographer as well as a human being.

Actually it is simple. You are just making it complex obsessing over that last 10~20% of image quality which is out of reach anyways. The 20/1.7 will deliver the goods to and for you even when pixel-peeping since it is also a 25 by way of post-process cropping.

As the Mick Jagger sings, "You can't always get what you want ... but ... you'll get what you need." I need the 20; you do too but don't know it. So you can do without it.

See, you feel better already. You'll feel even better better--me too--after sending it since you probably think what I wrote above is just a spoof anyways. Is it?
ulfie, waiting

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow