speedlight issue with D90

Started May 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Nate0Raid
Forum MemberPosts: 71
Like?
GOT IT!
In reply to Barry Fitzgerald, May 20, 2012

Well I got it! Very proud of myself too.

But I ended up taking aprart the flash itself as I care way more for the camera body then i do the flash.

If anyone else has this problem here is what I did:

I ended up having to bend a small screwdriver into an "L" shape to reach the 4 screws that are just below the locking mech on the flash. They're very close to the camera body, to tight to get at with a straight screwdriver. From there it was really easy, remove the wire harness that connects the flash to the hot shoe lock, then there is a plate with 3 screws on it just above the pin, there is a tension spring holding onto this as well so take a picture of where the spring position before removing. Then after removing the plate you can reach the pin! I pushed it up with the edge of a small screwdriver till the end was just far enough out i could get at it with needle nose pliers. pulled it up, heard it "click" and now is working good! Though I'm very nervous about re-engaging the pin when it is on the camera body. It's a snug fit as it is and i dont plan on taking pictures facing straight up with my flash on, so i'm going to wing it without locking it going forward.

Thanks for your input everyone!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow