D800 vs 5D Mk III Part 3 - Video

Started May 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
TCSJordan
Regular MemberPosts: 232
Like?
Re: D800 vs 5D Mk III Part 3 - Video
In reply to slicksterx, May 20, 2012

slicksterx wrote:

I love your videos. Great presentation style and well balanced reviews.

How much of the weaknesses do you think Nikon could address with a firmware upgrade if they wanted to do you think? I.e. the frame rate issue with video when zooming in, changing audio levels in real time etc

I discussed this issue with Nikon, and it seems to be a processor limitation, so I doubt it could be fixed by firmware.

Seems to me that the video on the D800 would be better than th canon mk2 but still has room to grow. Given that it is not as expensive as the mk3 needs to be mentioned as well in my opinion.

The D800 video is much better than the 5D Mk II, the MK III just has a slight edge in a couple ways. As mentioned at the end of the video, if the MK III wasn't out, the D800 would be the best HDSLR available. We did neglect to mention pricing, which was an oversight, but if video isn't your first priority, the D800 is a bargain.

I want a camera for video and price does play an important role.i think with either camera you will get awesome video results.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow