Why is it impossible to see the LCD screen picture?

Started May 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Melte
Forum MemberPosts: 92Gear list
Like?
Re: matte vs. glossy, durable vs. non durable
In reply to RedFox88, May 20, 2012

Melte wrote:

The LCD screen on the camera is totally unusable in bright light such as direct sunshine.
I can not use my digital camera unless it has a viewfinder of some sort.

Compairing it to may GPS screen it is completely different. Try to look at the GPS screen when the sunlight is glowing directly on the screen. You will see a very good picture with all details.

That's because a navigation GPS receiver is not meant to be durable. It probably has a matte screen (less durable and without reflections) compared to a glossy durable covered camera LCD. It's that a camera is going to be bumped around and you don't want your keys digging into the rear LCD because it's matte. The devices are made to a different standard.

Different standard! Then the standard should be revised.

My GPS is very durable, stands water, cold and abuse. Use it every day when hiking and hunting.
The camera screen is a simplified technology, there are solutions available.

Please read and consider my post about screens viewable in direct sunshine above.
Screens are available in all sizes from several sources.

With a small effort, camera producers (and smartphones) can easily adapt to this technology.
Soo - my conclusion is that they are ignorant!
Please correct me with some hard facts and I will listen.

Melte's gear list:Melte's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Nikon 1 V1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow