switching systems - my findings / opinions

Started May 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
twoeggmedia
Junior MemberPosts: 29Gear list
Like?
Re: switching systems - my findings / opinions
In reply to Bill Force, May 20, 2012

Bill Force wrote:

I have a Nikon 24-70 also but you are going to see a remarkable difference with it on the D800. Looks like your just going to have to wait for your Nikon to be satisfied.

I see on your introduction that you are a portrait photographer, I would suggest the 85mm especially with the D800 because of the range. The F/1.4 is marvelous but the F/1.8 ain't bad for the price diff.

Incidentley, I was a Navy photog for 8 years but I'm sure way before your time because of the cameras you listed. 99% of my work in the military was with a 4 X 5 Speed Graphic during and after the Korean War.
--

' You don't have to have the best of everything to get the best out of what you do have'.

I was in the air force from 92-00. In about '98 digital began being adopted. You are right, the 85mm 1.8g is a great lens and will be added soon.

twoeggmedia's gear list:twoeggmedia's gear list
Sigma DP1s Pentax K-5 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow