Started May 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Aaron WillisChang
Regular MemberPosts: 128
Like?
Crazy D4 SOOC jpeg
May 20, 2012

Well, half crazy because of the subject, but half crazy because it's corrupted.

I took this photo over a month ago, and transferred a bunch of NEFs to my HDD via a USB cable to the camera, since I didn't have my XQD reader nor laptop on me.

I only just got a chance to start post processing the images, and I came across this one which I really loved, but Lightroom called out an "unexpected error" on me, and while displaying the embedded JPG wonderfully, wouldn't let me do anything with it.

Checked the backup copy but that doesn't work either. Can't open it in Photoshop CS6 with ACR 7 for some reason (tried reinstalling/etc and I still can't open my .NEFs).

So today I copied it back onto a card, and popped it into my camera. Views fine, no errors, so then I used the built-in NEF processor to make a JPEG, and then this happened.

Anyone ever experience this before?

What quality is the embedded JPEG in the raw file? Is there a way to extract it, since on the back of the camera and in LR the preview is rendered fine.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow