D800 has NO general AF problem!, on the contrary...

Started May 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stany buyle
Senior MemberPosts: 1,957Gear list
Like?
D800 has NO general AF problem!, on the contrary...
May 20, 2012

It would be better to stop refering to some particular D800's with an AF issue as a general D800 problem because it definitely is not.

Both my D800 and D800E focus perfectly. They both focus faster and more accurate -with all focus points and even with TC's or extention tubes mounted- than any former Nikon dslr I've had before (D1H -> ... -> D3s).

I am testing all my cameras seriously the day I get them and if I have a problem, rather than whine on a forum, I make an appointment at Nikon repair in Brussels for calibration or repair. Also among the several competent professional photographers that I know personally and who are using D800 there is not one who has this problem. And be sure, they all know how to test AF accuracy with professional tools and professional setup.

D800's with the need of AF calibration for sure exist, but it is definitely not a general issue and blown out of proportion by the internet, by some users who wrongly think their body is affected, by some trolls and probably even by some disguised PR people from competitors.

With D7000 I had 2 copies that both suffered badly from back focusing. The first one I could return to the shop, the second one I gave in for focus calibration at Procirep Brussels and after that, autofocus was simply perfect and amazingly good.

Kindest regards.
Stany Buyle
http://www.nikonuser.info

stany buyle's gear list:stany buyle's gear list
Nikon D1
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow