EVFs -- why the slide show effect?

Started May 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
chlamchowder
Senior MemberPosts: 2,068Gear list
Like?
Re: EVFs -- why the slide show effect?
In reply to Gionni Dorelli, May 20, 2012

Pretty much yes - bursting = hoping. I was actually talking about timed single shots, where with practice you can somewhat compensate for lag by hitting the shutter ahead of the desired moment. Of course, lower lag is always better...

Also, bursts aren't suitable for everything, and a correctly timed single shot is often much better than a burst, which introduces problems like buffer fills and tons of files to deal with afterwards. To me, bursts are useful when I'm in an unfamiliar situation, and really need to get shots.

And if you're shooting raw, 20 frames means you won't have room for another burst if needed.

But when you start bursting you begin hoping!

Only the amount of FPS will help to capture the image you are hoping for regardless of the lag of the shutter.

Excluding the 1st frame, which you can determinate when it can be taken from the second on you are not in control of anything and shutter lag is irrelevant.

If some one can prove that they can determinate exactly what they are getting at the 4th or 5th frame of 20 frame burst, i'm ready t eat my words.

chlamchowder's gear list:chlamchowder's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Nikon D600 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow