Like?
Re: I don't think the D600 is for a D300 user upgrading
In reply to n057, May 19, 2012

n057 wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

n057 wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

n057 wrote:

When I am already shooting at 200mm f/2.8 and 1/10th second on DX, I'd need 300mm f/2.8 on FX too.

For what? To get the same result you'd need f/4 at 1/10th on FX. Of course, that means in that case you'd be getting no advantage from FX, but you'd have to judge a system on its overall capability. An FX camera with a f/1.8 lens will do the same things as a DX with an f/1.2, and the f/1.8 is liable to be much smaller, cheaper and optically superior to the f/1.2.

I think you are talking DOF here. Me I am talking illumination level. f/2.8 at 1/10 th is what I will need to properly expose.

I'm talking amount of light received by the sensor, which determines the most part of the noise. Same scene, f/2.8 at 1/10 on DX will shine the same amount of light on the sensor as f/4 at 1/10 on FX, therefore the two will have the same noise. If your limitation on shutter speed is how much noise you are prepared to have, then f/2.8 on DX does the same job as f/4 on FX.

I am not even talking noise here. The shutter speed is the lowest I can use

What determines the lowest shutter speed you can use?

I see. You are saying that if I use a hand held meter to set my exposure, I should take into account the film (or sensor) area? That's novel

It's silly being sarcastic unless you know what you're talking about. It's just p!ssing into the wind.
--
Bob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow