Ordered Today, Collecting Tomorrow = :-)

Started May 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Manny82
Contributing MemberPosts: 571
Like?
Re: Ordered Today, Collecting Tomorrow = :-)
In reply to kenwj, May 19, 2012

Thank you kenwj. That lens is not for sale brand new in UK but it is in US - well it's not on sale on UK site anyway, but i will certainly look for it.

Re: my previous system, I am currently coming from a Canon 30D (crop) - it's about 6 years old now so quite well behind in terms of technology. It is a great camera (8MP) but it's a crop and noise levels are no where clean as D700. My obvious upgrade choice was the Canon 5D2 which retails for the same price as the D700. However the 5D2 shares pretty much the same 9-point AF system as my 30D - it's nowhere even close to the league that the D700 is in. This was the first thing that got me looking into Nikon cameras. The second thing is the colours you get 'out the box' from Nikon cameras (it's interesting what you said about the D700 image quality). Before i decided on the D700, i spent many weeks trawling through flickr and one thing that stood out to me was that for some reason all the Nikon galleries had a lot more pop to their images compared to the Canons. With Nikon images it just looks like naturally they have a slight curve applied to them by default - images just look beautifully saturated and contrasty. I still see this now when i go on flickr and look and the galleries for lenses i am thinking of buying. They just fill you with inspiration.

Sure a lot of this is what people have PP's but still in general, when you see Nikon images on online sites such as flickr - they just seem to have that edge whereas as Canon's seem flatter by default.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow