Sony PLEEZE stop us from taking pics w/no card!!!

Started May 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
EvilOne
Forum ProPosts: 13,574Gear list
Like?
Re: Have you read your user manual?
In reply to PhotoCycler, May 19, 2012

PhotoCycler wrote:

EvilOne wrote:

Obviously people are having a problem with this... but from my point of view.. its really hard to miss that blinking orange ( high contrast )

Clearly it is easy to miss the blinking alert because people keep complaining about this problem. Facts speak more loudly than opinions.

Here is my opinion on a single person making this mistake over and over... they should give up photography and stop blaming Sony for their very shortcomings.

In Vietnam we set m-18 claymore mines... it is clearly printed on the case... Front toward enemy.. all I can say is thank God these people aren't setting claymores... YOU HAVE TO CHECK THIS FIRST......

Tell me this... do you really think that the same people are complaining over and over again about failing to have a card in their camera? How many times does a brick have to fall on their head...??? This is a learning curve issue... once this has happened a few times.. most people would make sure they had a card in their camera.. unless of course you are an idiot, and need to have Sony make it idiot proof for you...

Sure, it's easy to notice when you're making a point to look for it, such as when doing a test of removing your card to see what the indicator looks like.

Don't most people look at their settings to verify that they have the correct ISO, WB, and exposure... or do you just shoot without any forethought ... I always shoot a few test shots to verify the histogram if the lighting is static.. it requires having to take the time to look.... seems like a fifth grader could do this.

-- hide signature --

I don't know about you, but if I missed the clear, perfectly exposed shot of the alien spaceship because I failed to check to see if I had a card in the camera.. and I knew that the camera has no means to lock the shutter without a card... I would make sure the card was in there... I have to look in the VF anyway so why not check for that blinking ORANGE warning light... maybe Sony should make it automated to look like a brick falling on someone's head , in the view finder..

Sorry for all the drama... its just this screen name I use.... really this issue can be overcome easily with some training.

Most of the above was just tongue in cheek.. because this is not a monumental issue...
Bill
Capturing memories, one at a time.

Visit my Smug Mug Galleries at:
http://evil-twin.smugmug.com/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow